In honor of Teacher Appreciation, how about a shout out and lesson from the BEST TEACHER OF ALL our Savior Himself!!
In the midst of unfathomable tragedy Horatio Spafford penned these words…
“When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, THOU HAST TAUGHT ME to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul…”
This precious hymn affirms that we must allow Christ to “teach” us to proclaim that no matter what, (in the good “peace like a river” and the not so good “sorrows like sea billows”) IT IS WELL.
* You manage to get everyone out of the house on time … It is well
* No matter how hard you tried you are still running late … It is well
* Spill your coffee in your lap while driving … It is well
* The aroma of the spilled coffee takes away the stinch of the sweaty
socks your child has so kindly left beneath the backseat …It is
* Your students/kids come in and behave like little angels…. It is well
* Your students/kids act like they have lost their minds … It is well
* You only have to confiscate 2 fidget spinners in the day… It is well
* You actually get to plan on your planning … It is well
* Your spouse/coworkers are impossible to be around… It is well
* There’s a sale on your favorite laundry detergent … It is well
* Your gas tank is on E and your bank account is too… It is well
* Your beautician is able to schedule you a last minute appointment… It is well
* When you get help around the house… It is well
* When you burn dinner… It is well
* You get to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up refreshed… It is well
* You get a painful Charley horse in your upper thigh as you shift your body while posting on FB that “it is well” (OUCH)… It is well
* When you actually find a moment in the day to BREATHE, think about the goodness of Jesus and all He’s done for you and your loved ones and you say… “IT IS WELL”
Ecclesiastes 7:14 (The Message)
“On a good day, enjoy yourself;
On a bad day, examine your conscience.
God arranges for both kinds of days
So that we won’t take anything for granted.”
Whatever your lot… IT IS WELL!!!
(We would love to hear some of your “it is well” statements in the comment section below. On your mark, get set, GO!!)